Saturday, November 20, 2010
New Dri-Dek flooring, and a set of rod holders. She's starting to look like a new boat! Finally, we can set bags of groceries on the floor and not worry about them getting wet. And I don't have to worry about my rod tips getting stepped on and broken any more. :)
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather next week. The marine forecast looks good through Tuesday. The extended forecast shows rain on Friday, so that may be a good day to make our way back to the dock. It appears that we will have enough food aboard for at least a dozen people, or a cruise to Mexico for four! We are excited and looking forward to a great time with daughter and son-in-law!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
We spent three days at the boat, getting lots of small projects done. Finally got a fuse panel installed on the dinghy, so we now have a functional electrical system. Installed navigation lights, as well as moved depth finder and bilge pump power feeds direct connection to battery over to the new fuse panel. Also, I finally fabricated a mounting block for the depth finder, so it does no live tie-wrapped to the handrail any more. Hard to believe this took Friday and Saturday to accomplish.
Sunday was spent painting the freezer, and areas of the engine room. Also installed new mini-blinds on the salon doors, something Paula has been asking me to do for months (years?). Tried to get the door to the forward stateroom to close more securely, but I just made the problem worse. Finally ended up just putting it back the way it was.
Since Alison and Scott are coming to spend a week aboard for Thanksgiving, I had to address some lighting issues in the forward stateroom, too. Remove one old 120v fixture, and repaired a 12v light that was broken by workers six months ago, while they were removing teak decks.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Had a diver over the boat today to clean bottom and replace zincs. Both were much needed. It has been 2-1/2 years since the last bottom job and zinc replacement. Too long for the zincs. Diver (Bob) said the bottom was not too bad, a few barnacles. But the running gear was heavily encrusted. It took him about six hours to get the entire job done. That included about an hour break to warm up, as he was getting pretty cold in the 65 degree water, even with a 7mm wet suit. Bob also found a spot on the port side, near the a/c water outlet, that appears to be some kind of delamination. It will have to be looked at on our next haul out in the Spring. As will the props, since they were a bit dinged up. Bob said the vis was nil, so most of what he did was by feel. So he is not sure just how bad the props really are.
It is always something.
It is always something.