Sunday, October 31, 2010

More boat projects!



Spent the weekend getting Microship updated with new nav lights. Replaced port, starboard, and stern nav lights with new Hella Marine LED lights. The LED stuff is a little pricey, but they sure look nice. And, hopefully I will not have to fool with them again for a looong time!

Also re-installed the windlass motor. It had died again last weekend, the first time in use after having it repaired by a local shop. I tested it by lowering and raising the anchor while in the slip and had no problem. I hope it does not die again, requiring me to haul the 90# monster anchor in by hand.

Installed the re-welded guard rail for the starboard engine. Managed to whack myself in the head with it during installation. Ouch! Nice goose egg on my forehead now.

No comments: